Statement of Beliefs
My set of Christian beliefs are Protestant at their core
(i.e. Sola Scriptura, Sola fide, Sola gratia, Solo Christo, Soli Deo
gloria). (See five
solas in Wikipedia for a summary description.) What I add or modify
to Protestantism is traditional (i.e. pioneer) Seventh-day Adventist
teaching as follows:
- God's Nature.
I present the three principal views here.
The pioneer SDA position was Binitarian as recognized by modern-day
- God's Redemptive Plan - The Sanctuary. Wikipedia provides a good summary here.
- God's Creation - Conditional immortality. The non-immortal soul. Also referred to as Christian
- God's Law - Immutable. Unchanging, eternal. Defines God's character.
- God's Grace - Christ our righteousness. Christ not only justifies (forgives)
he also sanctifies (cleanses and purifies). It is not just a "legal"
cleansing (justification), but a soul cleansing (sanctification)--the
renewal of mind, the transforming of character--that Christ performs
in a believer's life. See 1
- God's Justice - Annihilationist. My eschatology is summarized in Wikipedia
It is premillenial (Christ comes before the 1,000 years in heaven)
and annihilationist (the unsaved are destroyed and cease to exist).
- God's Rest - The 7th day Sabbath. Summarized in Wikipedia here.